This course enables Commissioner-level and senior-level staff of National Regulatory Authorities (NRAs) to reflect on their NRA’s role and effectiveness with the implementation of the “Clean Energy for All Europeans” Package and the European Green Deal and on how they regulate.
Our intensive and exclusive one-day online programme provides a unique opportunity for participants (Commissioner-level and senior-level NRA staff) to learn and exchange views on the implementation of the new regulatory framework under the “Clean Energy for All Europeans” Package and the European Green Deal, on what dynamic regulation means and why regulators need to pursue dynamic regulation in times of change. The programme offers a first-hand opportunity to learn from fellow senior regulators, policy-makers and energy actors who are directly involved in energy regulatory policy development and implementation.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This seminar is exclusively designed for Commissioner-level and senior-level NRA staff. Other experts from European Institutions (ACER, European Commission) are also invited to attend.
Level B: Specialised Course
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Key insights into public policies, regulatory policy and how to implement the new regulatory framework in general.
- Unique opportunity to exchange views with the key players at the European Commission (Directorate General for Energy), Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), CEER and academics.
- Lively discussion on dynamic regulation, how to ensure regulation anticipates and, as appropriate, adapts to market evolutions, how to regulate an industry/network with potentially continuing reduced energy volumes and more intermittent sources, how to move from static regulation to more dynamic regulation and how to regulate infrastructure for different purposes.
- Useful exchange on the longer term impact of the coronavirus crisis on regulation as well as transitional regulation and the assessment of regulatory delivery in energy transition processes.
Online Sessions on Tuesday, 16 November 2021 - 10:15-17:00 CET
- Online class format which gives the participants the opportunity to participate in interesting presentations, discussions and exchanges with the trainers and other participants.
- Access to interesting literature review and reading materials on the topics addressed in the course.
- Interesting exercises and course work that participants need to prepare in advance to contribute to the online debates during the online classes.
The seminar will count on an exclusive and balanced combination of trainers.
Course Director: Ms Annegret Groebel, BNetzA, CEER President
Course Advisor: Mr Jorge Vasconcelos, Chairman of New Energy Solutions, Member of CEER Training Academy Advisory Board